How To Make M.party Combos
Now this is something I came up with one night while I was on the crapper (sorry that maybe a little too much info). Anyway I decided it would be cool if the Monster parties in your game could do combos.
Well heres the recipe for some monstrous mayhem:
First, make or choose a monster party!
Now, you have to do this with more than one type o critter, seeing as
how each monster in the party will turn on a switch that starts the combo. Those
of you who read my Combo Attack System Faq before should remember this.
One of the monsters should be the C.L. (combo leader), who sets off one switch, and the supporting members who set off the other switch (s). For the sake of argument, well use a party made up of two types of monsters, Dark Elves and Chimeras.
1. You need to make the Drow (another for Dark Elf) as the party leader. Okay now go into his attacks and choose one of them, Sleep for now. Double click it and you should see a window, it should say usually in the action conditions box.
2. Now click in the box under it saying Turn Switch ON and make a switch (well call it enemycombo1) that will be turned on when this attack is used.
3. Just do the same thing for the Chimeras, just choose Paralysis and named the other switch enemycombo2.
Second, make the battle event!
Okay heres how you make these switches come to together. Put the dark elves and chimeras into a party and make a new battle event page.
1. Make the page trigger when the switches enemycombo1 and enemycombo2
2. Now under that trigger make the screen flash and put a message like The enemies are joining forces! then wait .6 secs and another message that describe the attack you want the m.party to do (ex: our heroes are getting letharigic! Or something) now set a sound effect that describes your attack.
3. Heres where you need to make a choice: you could have this do damage
only, where all you need to do is set a specific amount o damage to our
heroes and show a message of how much damage they take; or you could have it
do damage and change the hero party. (This is something extra, but all you need
to do is make a variable called affectchance (1*100) and put a fork triggered
if its 50 and abov and then go to change condition and choose the sleep and
numb as well as do the above)
4. To make sure that no one else in the m.party doesnt anything after
the combo just change everyone in the party numb condition
5. Underneath all that, turn on another switch (you have to make this one also,
call it whatever you want)
6. Make another page triggered by the switch you just made, under it cancel the numb condition you change the party to. And turn the enemycombo switches off.
There youre done pretty simple huh? Now if you want to make it a little more difficult, go back to the dark elf and chimera monsters and click on the normal hit behavior and make it turn their respective enemy combo switches off when this attack is used.
Once again, any problems email me: email@example.com
Ps both this and the combo attack system are used in the game Kergils Flame, if you want to download the demo Click here! See ya